A medium to showcase the always amateur, but occasionally inspired, photos of Mark D. Beazley. You can contact Mark about his work at markdbeazley@gmail.com

Friday, January 20, 2006

Lots of catching up to do...

So ages ago, I promised photos from my trip to Texas this past summer. I’m finally posting a select few.

Here’s a shot of the Austin power plant, which was next to this tiny art gallery, outside of which Amy and I randomly bumped into Shauna Bittle, one of my old roommates. And I thought Texas was supposed to be big…

2005.06.16_0074_lowres

One of the coolest places we visited in Texas was Hamilton Pool, a natural spring that serves as a local swimming area. It’s a rather amazing rock formation, where waterfalls cascade over a cliff overhang.

2005.06.17_0010_lowres

2005.06.17_0084_lowres

A truly interesting feature of Hamilton pool is the roof of the outcrop where dozens of birds have built nests into the rock surface.

2005.06.17_0100_lowres

Next up…the Dallas Aquarium!

No comments: