A medium to showcase the always amateur, but occasionally inspired, photos of Mark D. Beazley. You can contact Mark about his work at markdbeazley@gmail.com

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Open House New York

Back in October, Amy and I checked out a nifty event called Open House New York where places normally inaccessible to the public are opened up for everyone to see. There are tons of cool places to check out. Unfortunately that Saturday it was pouring, so we didn’t get to as much as we would have liked. My main interest that day was checking out the High Line , one of the coolest industrial remnants in the city running along 9th Ave. Although we weren’t able to actually go on it, a gallery space along the route near 15th Street held a lecture and afforded us this view.

2005.10.08_0003_lowres

I was a little upset that I couldn’t get a shot free of reflection, but then I decided to play around with it some

2005.10.08_0013_lowres

Remnants of a pier along the Hudson.

2005.10.08_0018_lowres

The following day we went way uptown to the High Bridge Water Tower. Those shots didn’t turn out as well as I’d hoped, but here’s one I am fond of.

2005.10.09_0019_lowres

No comments: