A medium to showcase the always amateur, but occasionally inspired, photos of Mark D. Beazley. You can contact Mark about his work at markdbeazley@gmail.com

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Government in Action!

This past election night Jay got to tag along with our neighbor to the Bloomberg Election party. This is him coming home after the festivities…

2005.11.09_0003_lowres

…We both voted for Jimmy McMillan of the “Rent’s Too Damn High” party.

That Friday was Veteran’s Day, and as Amy and I came downstairs for lunch we ran into the parade marching along in front of our building. I had my camera with me for some reason, so I took a few shots. I can’t say I was too thrilled seeing armed men marching up Fifth Avenue – reminds me a little too much of Red Dawn – though their ferocity is somewhat diminished as they’re being paced by the Blues Mobile.

2005.11.11_0010_lowres

The flutists.

2005.11.11_0017_lowres

Maybe I’ve grown older or more jaded. I just get disturbed by these combined displays of weaponry and pageantry.

2005.11.11_0024_lowres

Driving past Lord & Taylor

2005.11.11_0034_lowres

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why were you shocked to see soldiers parading on veteran's day? you know what the word veteran means, right?